Toru's TESOL Life

My Reflective Thought on TESOL-related Lecture,Books,and Articles. Also, Useful Information Links. This blog stops posting new articles now. My current blog is as follows. This blog is mainly on thought about my teaching days and private life. http://olympicsmemorial.blogspot.com/

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thank you, Sidney Sheldon

Thank you, Sidney Sheldon


One of the most favorite author passed away today.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/television/ah3796.shtml

I started reading translated version of his books since junior high. It appeals a lot because of lots of up-down story telling. And then, i started reading his original books which are for ESL/EFL learners. Such books are on my father's shelf because he already give up improving his English. Luckily, i took his books there, and read it while listening their script. It was amazing to know such a wonderful way of learning English! It is just opposite of a way of learning it in a classroom!Gradually, i was able to read his original books. His intriguing story telling compensate my luck of English proficiency, to finish those books. About one month before, i read his last book, "The other side of me". I was moved a lot by his exciting and respectful life. His real life is so up-down as characters in his books, but i was tremendously impressed by his risk-taking, and sincere way of living.

I would like to express my condolence to him. Thank you Sidney Sheldon for giving me a chance to know such a wonderful world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home